Saturday, February 28, 2009

Unity Tree

This was an interesting card to create. I was NOT allowed to color...how can I not color??? I think you all know how much I love to color, especially with my copics. So this really was the challenge it was intended to be. I created this for Stamp Simply #75 - Black Ink Only and I used this week's Unity Sketch over at the SCS Unity forum.


The stamps are from the Endings & Beginnings, the February KOTM at Unity Stamp Co. I just love their stamps. They are fresh & fun. So since I couldn't color, I chose the tree to be my main image. It really screamed to be colored green, but I didn't give in LOL! The paper is Basic Grey Scarlett's Letter and I used ribbon from Michaels, along with the Mega Scallop punch by Marvy. Its not one of my favorite cards but it was different and outside of my box a bit.

The Recipe:
Stamps: February KOTM ~ Unity Stamp Co.
Paper: GP, Scarlett's Letter ~ Basic Grey
Ink: Tuxedo Black ~ Memento
Accessories: ribbon ~ Michaels, Scallop Punch ~ Marvy, Ticket Corner Punch ~ Stampin Up


I hope to spend some time at my craft desk this weekend. Happy weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails