Sunday, May 31, 2009

Changito at Home

I love, love, love how this card turned out!! I only wish I had made 3 instead of just the 2 that I needed for a masculine swap.

This cute stamp is called Changito at Home, its from Stampendous' new line from this spring. The coolest thing is that, besides the cuteness, is that it was available in cling form. Woohoo for taking up less storage space and it stamps just as nicely as the wood mounted Changitos.

The layout of this card is ESS39. Its another fabulous sketch by Tracy over at Eat Sleep Stamp. I did have to flip the sketch to make my image fit right.

Here is my version:

I paper pieced Changito's pajamas and his furniture. It was a pain, but I really love the end result! It was tough keeping track of some of the tinier pieces. After the first one, I put the pieces into the Xyron X so I wouldn't drop them. My other favorite feature of this card is the wood floor that I drew in! Its not perfect but it really gives the card the "feel" of a home. I hope the recipients like them as much as I do.

The Recipe:
Stamps: Changito at Home ~ Stampendous
Paper: GP, Paper Co, Leisure Arts patterned paper (waaaaaaaay old stash!!)
Ink: Tuxedo Black ~ Memento
Copics: T1, T3, B97, E27, E35, E53
Accessories: silver spica pen, zig millenium writer, staples (used for the ribbon)~ Making Memories


Here's a bonus Changito for you!
I created these embellished stamped images last week for a 4th of July swap. If you click on the picture and make it bigger, you'll see that I covered the fireworks in glossy accents and Star Dust stickles.


Thanks for stopping in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails