Friday, September 21, 2012

{Book Review} Severe Clear by Stuart Woods - spoilers included

{This is my 2nd post for today ~ Please scroll down or click HERE to read the first one}


It's been a while since I've blogged about books - I got lazy about posting but I haven't stopped reading! I log everything into my Goodreads profile, if you'd like to follow me there!




Stuart Woods released his latest book on Tuesday and I could NOT wait to start reading it! I held off on Tuesday since it was my anniversary but once I hit lunchtime on Wednesday, I just had to start reading!  It took me about 5 hours total over the last 3 days to read this fabulous installment in the Stone Barrington series.

Here is what Goodreads says about the book:

Stone Barrington is called to Bel-Air to oversee an exclusive event that will gather the top echelons of the beau monde: Hollywood starlets, socialites, politicos, billionaires from overseas. It’s a task in which Stone has a personal stake, and one that is made all the more pleasurable—though somewhat more complicated—with the arrivals of two beautiful women with whom he’s intimately acquainted.

But the grand occasion has also attracted a dangerous criminal group with sinister plans. The hunt to find them leads Stone into a complex web of deceit and misdirection, in a world where the intrigues of government intelligence collide with the clandestine machinations of the upper crust. As he draws nearer to his quarry, he realizes that the stakes are higher than anybody could ever imagine . . . and that the enemies he’s seeking might just be hiding in plain sight.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Scroll down for spoilers...............







------------------------------------------------------------












-----------------------------------------------------------
   Are we clear now??   Okay so I typically tend not to write my thoughts on books just because I like to include spoilers - not on purpose but I haven't figured out how to discuss a book without including juicy details!! 

 Like I said above, this installment is fabulous! Lots of mystery and intrigue and I will admit that I was shocked to the twists and turns.  I tendn to fall in that la di di category when it comes to figuring things out. Mostly because I enjoy reading and don't want to wrack my brain trying to figure out who-dun-it.     I was very surprised to learn that Hamish was a double agent!! I really didn't see that one coming - here's what I'm wondering, did Dick Stone know that before he died (a few books ago?)  Also did Hamish & Mo REALLY die in the van - I wonder if Lance Cabot really knew what they looked like and if the guys in the van could have been decoys.  I'm also wondering just how Lance knew that Dr. Khaul was involved.  Maybe he already had a lead on this guy? It didn't seem like Holly had given him that info. I also read very quickly and may have missed something!   


I am also surprised that Hamish told Kelli Keane to get off the premises - did he really want her to meet him in London or did he have a change of heart and not want to blow up 1+ million people?  I really thought the place was going to get blown to smithereens and that would be the end to the series.  I am obviously thrilled that didn't happen as I love this series but I also realize that 20 something books into a series that someday it may end....    


Anxiously awaiting details of the next book! 



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails