Sunday, January 01, 2012

Mission Organization: Stamp Storage

One of my many goals for this year is to *finally* get my scrap room under control. I've been in it for 2 years now and I can't say that it's ever been completely workable and organized for me. Of course the fact that I never seem to stop collecting doesn't help!

Last week I started with organizing my unmounted rubber stamps. I have bunches of them organized by company in canvas bins of varying sizes but most bins are so full that I can't find what I want. I decided to transfer them to a binder system using baseball card page protectors.  This worked for 90% of the Paper Makeup Stamps that I started with.  Some stamps that didn't fit in one pocket ended up in two pockets. I split the pockets and then taped up the seam. Not an ideal solution but one that works for me to keep them all together.  As I was organizing them (first by category and then alphabetically), I numbered each pocket with a sharpie and then wrote out a corresponding list with the name of each stamp/set. The numbering of pockets is especially helpful with the large combo sets.

Here's a finished picture~


If anyone tries this for their storage, I recommend heavy duty binders as I tried a durable binder first and it wasn't sturdy enough for the weight of the rubber stamps. This 3 inch binder has about 28 pages in it.

Tomorrow I hope to start organizing my Stamping Bella stamps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails